CPIM Part 1 is the first in the 2-Part Series of the NEW CPIM Curriculum released in the Fall of 2017. CPIM Part 1 is the equivalent of Basics of Supply Chain Management. If you have not started preparing for CPIM Certification, you have the option to take either the BSCM or the CPIM Part 1 exam. If you have completed the BSCM course review and passed the exam (and are within the time limit for completing the program), you may complete the CPIM Certification process by completing the 4 Legacy Exams or the New Part 2 Exam. Below is an outline for this course. Futher course details will be added as they become available. CPIM Part 1 Topics Covered:
Module 1: Basics of Supply Chain Management (BSCM)
- Section A: Introduction to Supply Chain Management
– The Manufacturing Supply Chain
– Introduction to Manufacturing
– Manufacturing Environments and Process Choices
– Manufacturing Planning and Control
- Section B: Demand Management
– Demand Management Processes
– Characteristics of Demand
– Tracking the Forecast
- Section C: Master Planning
– S&OP and Production Planning
– Master Scheduling and the Master Production Schedule (MPS)
– Master Scheduling and Sales
- Section D: Materials Requirements Planning
– The MRP Environment
– Bills of Material
– MPR Logic
– Using and Managing the Priority Plan
- Section E: Capacity Management
– Capacity Management Overview
– Capacity Requirements Planning
- Section F: Purchasing
– Purchasing Participants and Objectives
– Purchasing Process
- Section G: Inventory Management– Aggregate Inventory Management
– Inventory Costs
– Financial Statements and Inventory
– Inventory Policies and Controls
– Order Quantities
– Independent Demand Ordering Systems
– Auditing Inventory Records
- Section H: Execution and Control
– Theory of Constraints
– Production Activity Control
– Scheduling and Implementation
– Capacity Control
- Section I: Physical Distribution
– Physical Distribution Overview
– Distribution Inventory
- Section J: Continuous Improvement
– Continuous Improvement of Products and Processes
– Lean for Continuous Improvement
– TOC for Continuous Improvement
– Total Quality Management and Other Quality Tools
– Six Sigma
In this video our instructor Wout Verwoerd is telleing about the APICS CPIM
Read more at APICS.org
Wout Verwoerd, CFPIM, CIRM, CSCP, SCOR-P, CLTD
Wout Verwoerd is an enthusiastic and professional sparring partner for companies in the field of logistics, lean thinking and supply chain management in his roles as speaker, educator, trainer, course developer, coach, consultant and project manager.
Jan Berend Jakobs, CPIM, Consultant, JJ-Consultancy.
Jan Berend Jakobs wants to deliver real organizational change and growth in complex environments where employees at all levels have to work together. This by working together with teams and lead them in such a way that it guarantees success and to develop people that surround him in the workplace or in a classroom to a higher professional level.
Preparation to the test
When you prepare for an APICS CPIM test, there is a wide range of options that you can choose to use. The instructor sends a class code to all students, giving you access to the APICS learning environment, where you can see the answers to the assignments in the book as well as additional test questions. There is also a final test, where you can get a sense of how far you are in preparation for the exam. The instructor often also provides access to additional material and adds additional multiple choice questions. Therefore you have all the options to improve you for the test.
Contact us on 7022 0004 or email@example.com.
Price: 18.350 DKK.
All prices are excl. test and VAT. The price for test is EUR 500,- for members of APICS and EUR 650, – for non-members of APICS – provided you have taken the program through effektivitet.dk + kr 250, in administration fee. If you need to take a re-examination, you must go 14 days before you can go again. The price for retake is EUR 250,-.
Bedre planlægning, større respekt og mere kvalificeret dialog
Læs her artiklen om 14 indkøbsplanlæggere hos Novo Nordisk har taget kurset APICS Basics of Supply Chain Management. Effekten er dybere forståelse af planlægningsbehovet og sammenhængene til resten af forsyningskæden. Det giver igen bedre evne til at udnytte virksomhedens avancerede planlægnings-værktøj, bedre dialog med interessenter og ikke mindst større respekt fra andre dele af organisationen. Artiklen er fra Effektivitet nr. 4, 2016.
The APICS standard: One worldwide language within operations management Læs her hele artiklen af vores underviser Wout Verwoerd fra Effektivitet nr. 4, 2016.
About the test:
After the test
Candidates are able to print their score report directly from their My APICS account, immediately after completing the exam. To access the score report, log in to your My APICS account, select My APICS Certifications, Exam Authorizations and Credits, and click “View/Reschedule” next to the exam. Once on the Pearson VUE page, click “Home” and then “View Score Reports.
APICS The Association for Operations Management is the global leader and premier source of the body of knowledge in operations management, including production, inventory, supply chain, materials management, purchasing, and logistics. Since 1957, individuals and companies have relied on APICS for its superior training, internationally recognized certifications, comprehensive resources, and worldwide network of accomplished industry professionals.
Læs mere om APICS her.