Why seek certification?
The APICS Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) program is the first and only supply chain certification that encompasses the end-to-end global supply chain. APICS CSCP designees gain the skills to effectively manage global supply chain activities that involve suppliers, plants, distributors, and customers located around the world.
Earning the CSCP credential makes you a recognized expert in the supply chain field. This professional distinction sets you apart from your colleagues, proving your high level of knowledge and skills. It makes you a more valuable asset to your organization, keeping you and your organization more competitive in today’s economy.
Module 1 – Supply Chain Design
- Considering inputs and objectives of supply chain management strategy
- Recognizing and resolving misalignments and gaps
- Accounting and financial reporting information, strategic analysis tools, and economic considerations
- Designing the supply chain while understanding and working within business considerations
- Designing fulfillment strategies and products for different markets and requirements
- Understanding electronic business considerations and key technology applications
Module 2 – Supply Chain Planning and Execution
- Understanding implementation tools including project management processes and communication
- Procuring and delivering goods and services using supply chain management
- Using demand management, including demand forecasting and prioritization
- Using master planning, master scheduling, and sales and operations planning (S&OP)
- Managing, planning, and controlling inventory
- Understanding the effects of inventory on financial statements and inventory-related cost categories
- Managing supply based on total cost of ownership and make-versus-buy analysis
- Developing supply plans based on buyer-supplier relationships
- Logistics, warehouse, and transportation management, forecasting, and planning
- Making considerations for monetary, regulatory, and trade conditions
- Segmentation of customer-focused marketing, customers, suppliers, and other partners
- Fundamentals of supplier relationship management (SRM) and customer relationship management (CRM)
- Managing reverse logistics and waste
Module 3 – Supply Chain Improvement and Best Practices
- Standards, regulations, and sustainable best practices compliance
- International standards and considerations for import/export, intellectual property, licensing, tax and accounting, and labor laws
- Corporate social responsibility for sustainability, UN Global Compact, and GRI initiatives
- Accreditations, certifications, and standards for quality, environment, social, and safety objectives
- Identifying, assessing, classifying and responding to risks
- Compliance, security, and regulatory concerns
- Improving the supply chain through measuring and analyzing performance using supply chain metrics focused on customers, financial reports, and operational practices, and customer service
- Utilizing continuous improvement and change management techniques and principles, including lean and just-in-time
Who is the APICS CPIM program designed for?
- Employees with direct influence on supply chain
- Department and division management
- Functional management
- Employees in cross-functional departments
Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher
Key Industries: Manufacturing, Consulting, Consumer products, Information, Food & Beverage, Electronics, Services, Education, Transportation, Health Care, Government, Communications Retail
Titels: Consultants, Materials Manager, anything with Supply Chain in title, Analysts, Director, Logistics Manager, Purchasing Manager, Operations Manager, Buyer, Project Manager
Years in field: Distributed evenly across all ranges < 4 to 15+ years.
APICS CSCP helps employees developcompetencies to manage complex worldwide supply chain activities involving suppliers, plants, distributors and customers in a global environment
- proven knowledge and organizational skills to strategically streamline operations.
APICS CSCP designees have the knowledge and skills to
- positively affect lead times, inventory and bottom-line profitability
- interact with existing resources and your ERP system to increase the efficiency of the workplace environment
- create consistency and foster collaboration through best practices, common terminology and corporate-wide communication
- achieve greater confidence and industry recognition
APICS CSCP helps organizations by
- creating common understanding, vocabulary, processes and frameworks within their entity to address their supply chain challenges and opportunities
- boosting productivity, collaboration and innovation
- enabling interdepartmental movement through collaboration and a consistent foundation.
APICS CSCP helps your employees
- design successful supply chain strategies using global standards and common terminology
- effectively manage supplier and customer relationships
- enhance logistics, technology and data integration to improve performance
- increase customer satisfaction and bottom-line results
Tidligere deltager udtaler
“Jeg har tidligere taget APICS CPIM forløbet, derfor var det et naturligt valg i min faglige kompetanceudvikling at gennemføre CSCP uddannelsen. Jeg mener, at jeg har fået en større viden, så jeg nu har en mere helhedsorienteret tilgang til jobbet og de daglige udfordringer. Som deltager i diverse supply chain projekter og Continuous improvement forløb, er det en kæmpe fordel, at have den teoretiske ballast som CSCP uddannelsen giver. Desuden var det meget inspirerende, at møde andre Supply Chain Specialister på kurset, og en god mulighed for at udvide netværket.”
Mads Strandløv Nørgaard, Planning Specialist, Dako Management
Wout Verwoerd, CFPIM, CIRM, CSCP, SCOR-P, CLTD
Wout Verwoerd is an enthusiastic and professional sparring partner for companies in the field of logistics, lean thinking and supply chain management in his roles as speaker, educator, trainer, course developer, coach, consultant and project manager.
1 -2. October + 19th-20th November + 10th-11th December.
Price: Kr. 29.250,-
All prices are excl. test and VAT. The price for test is EUR 955,- for members of APICS and EUR 1.090, – for non-members of APICS – provided you have taken the program through effektivitet.dk + kr 250, in administration fee. If you need to take a re-examination, you must go 14 days before you can go again. The price for retake is EUR 435,- + kr. 250,- in administration fee.
Preparation to the test
When you prepare for an APICS CPIM test, there is a wide range of options that you can choose to use. The instructor sends a class code to all students, giving you access to the APICS learning environment, where you can see the answers to the assignments in the book as well as additional test questions. There is also a final test, where you can get a sense of how far you are in preparation for the exam. The instructor often also provides access to additional material and adds additional multiple choice questions. Therefore you have all the options to improve you for the test.